- We understand talent as a strategic resource for the entire Business Group.
- Through the transfer of knowledge we generate an increased value for shareholders and a greater development for our employees.
- Business Ethics.
- Global Management Program and strategic execution excellence. (Harvard)
- Leadership for equity. (Berkeley)
- Human Rights, Diversity and inclusion.
- Safety and Health in the Workplace.
- Total Investment 1,438 million pesos in 2016.
- National and international Sponsorships.
- On average, each employee of the holding company received 49 hours of training in 2016.
- Grupo Argos was recognized as being among the twenty best companies to work at in Colombia, according to Great Place to Work.
- We obtained the Level of Recognition “Commitment to equality” in the Grupo Argos Foundation. We promote in all business practices that generate cultural transformations for the achievement of gender equity.
- In 2016 we continued to bet on the healthy lifestyle habits of our employees, the balance between work and personal life, to the recreation and camaraderie through the program Activate your rhythm. This program promotes healthy practices of diet, sport and rest. Part of these activities are yoga classes, active breaks, participation in athletic races, talks with noteworthy athletes and healthy breakfasts.
- 91.8% of the population with performance measurement supported in the Successfactors tool.
- in professional, middle and high management positions at Grupo Argos, Cementos, Celsia and Odinsa.
- Measurement Criteria: Performance Objectives, Competency Assessment and Development Plan.
- Focus: Orientation to objective results including individual and group components.
- Calibration: Performance results calibrated by human management teams for greater accuracy and objectivity.
*The Cement and Energy business breaks down the information for performance assessment by level, but not by gender.
- Through salary surveys, market trends were benchmarked on compensation issues and the necessary adjustments were applied to wage curves to ensure competitiveness of compensation both internationally and domestically, fostering attraction and retention of talent. The salary curves of Grupo Argos for middle management and Senior Management are in the 75th percentile and in the 65th percentile for other positions.
- Analysis of total compensation of each of the employees was done, ensuring internal equity and external competitiveness.
- The Organizational Outcome Earnings Premium (known in Spanish as PRO) is focused on rewarding employees for achieving the company’s strategic metrics, through of short and long term goals that generate value. This premium benefits 100% of employees. Through redesign of long term PRO, triennials metrics are proposed, achieving alignment with the interests of shareholders, generating value and stimulating long-term thinking. The number of PRO salaries per level was validated with the affiliates. Accomplishments are recognized by results between a minimum of 80% and a maximum of 110%. It has a mandatory indicator of Audit and Risk Management. The following conditions are necessary to enter the system: closing of the Performance Management cycle and the Ethics and Compliance program.
- A contributory benefit for senior and middle management was designed, through which the company and the employee contribute resources to an institutional plan, in order to have savings that allows them to improve the quality of life at the time of their retirement through a pension.
Implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) with the definition of corporate policies and commitment of Senior Management, through the PDCA cycle.
- Compliance of 86.5% of the work plan.
- Induction of the OHSMS to all direct, temporary and contractor personnel.
- Assessment of hazards in which acceptable levels were found.
- Compliance with 89% of the Training Plan.
- Completion of 100% of medical entrance exams, periodicals and retirement.
- A psychosocial risk study was carried out, covering 89% of the population.
- Update of emergency plans at the Medellín and Barranquilla branches.
- The baseline measurement was performed by the ARL with a system adjustment result of 89%.
- Follow-up has been carried out by Management, which has made it possible to target resources and monitor the process very closely.
- Design of action plans to correct situations detected in internal audits.
- Only one accident has occurred, which was investigated and the respective improvement actions were generated.
In order to share best practices, standardize human processes and achieve synergies between Grupo Argos and its subsidiaries, the following working groups are managed:
- . Redesign of the long-term Organizational Outcomes Earnings Premium and official approval of the short-term PRO, salary surveys, 2016 design of total compensation, design of benefits for Senior Management and middle management and analysis of internal equity.
- Analysis of treatment of each of the benefits from the labor, accounting and tax point of view, official approval of the treatment of payroll concepts, study of the legal positions vis-a-vis the UGPP.
- Absenteeism, psychosocial risk (strategies and action plan), reinstatement and reincorporation (reinforced stability), referencing the labor integration program.
- Official approval of performance management processes, learning, succession and career plan, culture and implementation of the Success Factors technology platform.
We consider technology as a process that facilitates human management and for that reason, we are implementing the Successfactors tool, through which we manage human processes:
- Performance Management
- Workers Development
- Organizational Outcomes Earning Premium (PRO)
(103-2 — 103-2)